If you own a local business, you already know how important it is for people in your target area to be aware of the services that you provide. However, whether you are a new business or established 30 years ago, it can be difficult to reach new customers. Local SEO services though, might provide you an advantage over your rivals. a tried-and-true technique to make your website more visible to potential buyers online.
According to data, around 46% of all Google searches are related to location. This statistic highlights the importance of local search engine marketing for businesses of all sizes. This is especially true when you consider that Google processes over 8.5 billion searches each and every day! For you math fans out there, local searches account for a huge 3.91 billion of this figure.
Improving local SEO visibility is essential for businesses that want to attract local customers and increase their online visibility within their specific geographic area.
Here are some of our favourite strategies to help you improve your local SEO:
Google My Business (GMB) Optimisation:
- Claim and verify your Google My Business listing.
- Ensure all information is accurate, including your business name, address, phone number (NAP), website, and business hours.
- Choose the most relevant category for your business.
- Add high-quality images of your business, products, and services.
- Encourage customer reviews and respond to them promptly.
Local Citations and Directory Listings:
- Ensure consistent NAP information across all online directories and citation sites.
- Get listed on reputable local directories, such as Yelp, YellowPages, Bing Places, and industry-specific directories.
- Check for and correct any duplicate listings.
Local Keyword Optimisation:
- Research and use relevant local keywords in your website content, meta tags, and headings.
- Create location-specific landing pages if you have multiple locations.
- Optimise your website’s title tags, meta descriptions, and headers for local keywords.
- Include your NAP on every page of your website, typically in the footer.
- Use structured data markup (schema.org) to help search engines understand your business details.
High-Quality and Localised Content:
- Create informative, engaging, and localised content that addresses the needs and interests of your local audience.
- Write blog posts, articles, or guides that are relevant to your local community.
Mobile-Friendly and Responsive Design:
- Ensure your website is mobile-responsive for a seamless experience on different devices.
- Page speed is crucial, so optimise images and use caching to improve load times.
- Earn high-quality backlinks from local businesses, organisations, and relevant websites.
- Participate in local events, sponsorships, or partnerships to gain local mentions and backlinks.
Social Media Engagement:
- Be active on social media platforms, especially the ones popular in your local area.
- Share local news, events, and engage with your community.
Online Reviews and Ratings:
- Encourage satisfied customers to leave positive reviews on Google and other relevant review platforms.
- Respond to both positive and negative reviews professionally and promptly.
Local Networking and Outreach:
- Engage with local influencers, bloggers, and businesses through collaborations or guest posts.
- Attend local events, workshops, and meetups to connect with your community.
Local SEO Analytics and Monitoring:
- Use tools like Google Analytics and Google Search Console to track your local SEO performance.
- Adjust your strategies based on the data you gather.
Remember, local SEO is an ongoing effort that requires consistent attention and adaptation. By implementing these strategies, you can enhance your local online presence and attract more local customers to your business.
How we can Help
Since 2007, Jump 2 IT Media have delivered top local SEO rankings on Google for customers of all sizes, in all industries, all over the world. This includes clients looking to improve their organic performance locally, nationwide, and worldwide.
Learn more about our local search engine optimisation services and learn how we can successfully help your website reach your target audience.