You may have heard this on numerous occasions already, but having a blog really can help to boost your company’s profile and, at the same time, your website’s organic performance on the major search engines. Here we share our top 5 reasons why your website needs a blog and, we hope, it helps you to get creative.
What is a Blog?
Essentially, a blog is an area on your website that allows customers/visitors a chance to read your latest company news, as well as discovering hints and tips, receiving advice, being informed of special offers and promotions, and much more.
Below we list our top 5 reasons why your website needs a blog, if it hasn’t got one already:
1. Fresh Content: Adding fresh content to your website on a regular basis will encourage the search engines, particularly Google, to re-crawl your site on a more frequent basis. This results in the search engine becoming aware of your latest blog articles, as well as any other new copy that you have recently added, more quickly, thus boosting your chances of achieving a positive organic ranking in super quick time.
2. Improved Keyword Density Level: Want to be found more effectively on Google for a specific keyword term? Simple. Create a number of blog posts that relate to the topic/keyword term and this will help to raise the keyword density level easily and effectively. If the blog posts also contain internal links into other relevant copy throughout your site, such as service/product pages, related blog pages, FAQ pages, and so on, then this will help to improve the SEO levels even further, enabling your website and/or webpage to achieve a higher level of organic visibility within Google in the near future.
3. Boost Your Social Media Presence: Creating great, informative content and posting it across your social media platforms will help to provide you with afresh, new audience, which, in turn, will lead to a higher level of engagement being achieved, including comments and shares, which helps to spread your message, and your company profile, to an even greater level.
Having a strong social media presence is one of the most effective ways to drive additional traffic into your site, as well as reaching your target audience more successfully, therefore posting great blog articles will help you to achieve this.
4. Generate Backlinks: Ah, backlinks. It is a topic that has been argued between many SEO specialists for years but, in short, backlinks are still extremely beneficial in the greater SEO picture, especially when they are acquired on industry-relevant, high authority webpages, and posting new blog articles onto your website on a regular basis can help you to gain a great number of additional backlinks into your site.
If you are creating content that is industry-relevant, informative and unique then, chances are, that it will be picked up by other blogs, news sites and industry-relevant websites. This will result in them providing a link back to your blog via their site, helping you to acquire additional backlinks and, positively, additional referral visitors.
Further to this, if your company/website becomes known as a good to place for unique, relevant copy within your industry, it will make the site more authoritative in the eyes of Google, and the other search engines, helping to achieve greater success within the organic search results in the future.
5. It’s Free: That’s right. All you need is a bit of spare time and some great, unique ideas, and you can achieve incredible success through your blog posts, whether it be through the organic search results, social media, generating free press and visibility through other sources, or any other method. Of course, if you are sharing your articles on social media then you might want to boost them on Facebook, which is likely to set you back a few pounds or so, but great results can be achieved without spending a single penny.
Just start writing articles and see where it takes you. If your blog posts don’t achieve great success straight away then make sure that you don’t give up, as it can take a while before your posts reach the dizzy heights that you are hoping for. Instead, put in the time, create some great, informative content and, all being well, you will be watching your blog posts soar like you never imagined.
So, there you have it, our top 5 reasons why your website needs a blog. Hopefully we have given you some great inspiration and, if that is the case, it’s time for you to go off and start writing. Good luck!