Social media is still a relatively new face in the world of marketing, still seen by some as a passing fad used only be teenagers and bored university students. These people couldn’t be more wrong. In fact it is estimated that a third of the world’s total population now has access to and regularly uses some form of social media.
When harnessed in the correct way and used effectively the power of social media can be phenomenal. Here are some of our top reasons why every business should have a social media presence:
- Increase your brand awareness – People can’t buy your product or enquire about your services if they don’t know who you are. The use of Social media can dramatically help to improve awareness in your brand.
- Improve your web traffic and search ranking – Google factor in your social media presence and activity as part of their ranking system. Good activity across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other networks will therefore also result in improved online performance from your website.
- Share content quickly & easily – You can pass information of news, offers and promotions onto customers quicker than any other medium. This allows you to be more flexible and dynamic in your marketing campaigns.
- Gain higher conversion rates: Every post you make increases your reach and allows for more interaction, visits and, ultimately, more customer conversions.
- Cost effective method of marketing: Compared to other methods of marketing or advertising, social media allows you a far greater reach and level of exposure for a fraction of the cost, whilst also providing you with the ability to target a specific audience within a certain location.
Here’s our top 10 facts and figures that highlight the impact, and need, of social media for businesses:
1. Over 90% of all businesses now use social media for advertising purposes, which marks an increase from 60% in 2013.
2. Collectively, the top social media networks can provide around 30% of a website’s total monthly visits.
3. It has been projected that by 2020, companies will spend a huge $27 billion on social media advertising and management.
4. Over 300 million companies have created accounts on LinkedIn.
5. 19% of Facebook users say they would unfollow a brand if they posted too often – widely thought to be more than six times per day.
6. According to research, 38% of all businesses aim to spend 20 percent of their annual marketing budget on social media, which is superior to 13 percent during the previous year.
7. Over 300 million companies have created accounts on LinkedIn.
8. 77% of Twitter users are more likely to recommend a brand when their tweets have been replied to.
9. Facebook now sees 8 billion average daily video views from 500 million users.
10. There are 40 million active small business pages but only 2 million of those businesses pay for advertising
If you’d like more information about how we can set up and manage your social media accounts for you take a look here: Social Media Management